Nigerian singer Asa turns 33 today. Asa is one of Nigeria’s most unique and talented artistes and her music has seen a global acclaim.
We take a look at the singer’s life and profile 5 things you may not know about her.
1. Asa was born in France capital city, Paris on this day in 1982.
2. Though she was born in the city of Paris, she grew up in Alagbole, Ogun state (her parents relocated back to Nigeria when she was 2). Asa returned to France when she was 22 where she pursued her music career fully.
3. Her real name is Bukola Elemide
4. Asa recorded her most recent album Bed of Stone twice. She revealed in an interview that she had to thrash the first version because she was not impressed. Asa then traveled to Tennessee, US to record the new version.
5. Asa is in a relationship. The singer revealed in an interview with Toolz earlier this year. In Asa’s word “Yes, I have (a boyfriend) and I am very happy and I guess that’s what inspired the song, ‘How did love find me?”.
Happy birthday Asa!… Sorry its coming late tho 😉